of Natural Health and Wellness
through Healthy Living
The Natural Health Perspective is about many different things.
The topic of our site is natural health, wellness, holistic medicine, prevention, healthy living, and healthy lifestyles.
- A commonsense guide is presented to prevention, achieving wellness, good natural health, and fitness.
- The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between you and your physician. Hence, we are advocating complementary, integrative, or holistic medicine rather than alternative medicine.
- This site advocates de-medicalizing human experience and life's vicissitudes, as a normal part of life.,
- Wellness through moderation and balance is promoted by the natural therapies of eating a Healthy Diet, taking Nutritional Supplements, Exercise & Fitness, having a healthy Attitude, and Resilience in your life.
- It offers proactive approaches to the prevention of lifestyle diseases through the holistic medicine of healthy living.
- A professional presentation of evidence-based natural health information is made on each web page.
- Science-based information is presented on the mind-body connection.
- This web site will convince you that poor health is the result of lifestyle choices.
- The holistic medicine of Healthy living and patience are used to prevent, or correct, all nutritional deficiencies and most health conditions.
Enjoying Life as Nature Intended
Please take a close look at the picture of the happy couple in our page header. Life is NOT just about females. Nor, is life just about men. Nature intended life to revolve around the family unit. Our targeted couple, wise to the ways of the world is young in spirit, if NOT in age. The natural couple as nature intended is both happy and physically active. Our happy couple, also, reaps the benefits of the Vitamin D Revolution by regularly being out in the sunshine and fresh air.
Wellness is a complex issue. Yet through exercising your own critical thinking skills and using plain old common sense anyone can achieve wellness through prevention by making good personal health decisions.
This site presents neither quackery nor the standard hard line position of the medical establishment. Instead, you will find that the Natural Health Perspective presents a refreshing realistic perspective on what you need to do to promote wellness and improve your natural health. Our articles present alternative health and fitness information that centers around the lifestyle choices of diet, exercise, attitude, and relationships. This type of prevention is often called holistic medicine.
Natural Health and Wellness through Healthy Living
A study in the July 9, 2001 issue of Archives of Internal Medicine, published by the American Medical Association, provided the scientific proof. This study shows that populations that follow what they describe as healthy behaviors do live profoundly longer -- up to five and even ten years longer than those who do not. Most of those years are disability-free. 
Healthy living through healthy lifestyles offer everyone more enjoyment out of life, as well as a longer life.
|"I don't care how long I live;
I just want to be LIVING while I am living!"
This web site presents the Natural Health Perspective commonsense guide to prevention and achieving wellness. Try it. You will find that it makes sense. All you have to do is start reading and start applying it here and there to your life. Over a period of two to five years , ,  of earnestly trying to make improvements in your own wellness through prevention, you will find that you will be a new person thanks to this simple natural health program. However, a study recently reported that it takes only nine months to reach maximum improvement for male patients with coronary heart disease undergoing a cardiac rehabilitation program of medical evaluation, prescribed exercise, cardiac risk factor modification, education, and counseling. This study is referring to one supervised exercise session a week for 38 consecutive weeks, along with an unspecified number of unsupervised weekly exercise sessions and strongly suggests that regular exercise along with supervised exercise sessions can achieve maximum wellness results in as little as 9 months.
More recently in the research literature, a vitamin D revolution has taken place that has been shown to reduced your risk of coming down with 17 different kinds of deadly cancers and other lifestyle diseases. Our article on Epigenetics - Lifestyle Trumps Family History, shows that everyone can reprogram their DNA Family History as well as have profound impact upon the health of their children. Lifestyle works for one thing because at least 40 plant-based dietary components, and phytochemicals have been identified that can turn genes on and off. These substances consist of things like amino acids, ginseng extract, the carotenoid lycopene, the component curcumin of turmeric spice, pomegranate juice, and fish oil.
The topic of this site is prevention and healthy lifestyles. Whether you call it healthy living, preventive health services, natural health and fitness, biological living, natural therapy, personal health and fitness, healing therapies, holistic remedies, self-care, hygienic living, natural dietetics, natural therapeutics, natural medicine, holistic medicine, or complementary and alternative medicine: Our topic is prevention and healthy lifestyles. And, we are proud to be part of the wellness movement. Prevention and healthy lifestyles have been proved to work over and over again. We are here to provide evidence-based alternative health information about prevention and healthy lifestyles.
Please read Improving Web Site Accessibility if you are having trouble viewing this webpage.
Please read our Medical Advice Disclaimer.
- "Subgrouping by length of mean follow
up suggests that virtually all protection from cardiovascular events occurs
in trials of at least two years' duration. ... Sustained change in dietary
behaviour, promoted by long interventions, is probably necessary to achieve
reduction in cardiovascular events ..."
Lee Hooper, Carolyn D Summerbell, Julian P T Higgins. Dietary fat intake and prevention of cardiovascular disease. BMJ 2001;322:757-763. [BMJ online]
- "We have observed in the Ornish Program
that survival is even more pronounced at the five year mark. It takes months
to remodel the coronaries and to stabilize plaque."
Richard E. Collins, MD. Nice Review, Wrong Conclusion. 2 Apr 2001 [BMJ online Response]
- "RESULTS: Multivariate analysis
suggested that "good" and "bad"
aging from age 70-80 could be predicted by variables assessed before age
50. ... One may have greater personal control over one's biopsychosocial
health after retirement than previously recognized."
Vaillant GE, Mukamal K. Successful Aging. Am J Psychiatry. 2001 Jun 1;158(6):839-847." PMID: 11384887 [Online]
- "Results California Adventists have higher life expectancies at the age of 30 years than other white Californians by 7.28 years ... in men and by 4.42 years ... in women ... Commonly observed combinations of diet, exercise, body mass index, past smoking habits, ... can account for differences of up to 10 years of life expectancy among Adventists. ... Conclusions Choices regarding diet, exercise, cigarette smoking, body weight ... appear to change life expectancy by many years."
- "Medicalisation refers to the theory
that people seek to categorise life's normal vicissitudes as medical problems."
Bonaccorso SN, Sturchio JL. For and against: Direct to consumer advertising is medicalising normal human experience: Against. BMJ. 2002 Apr 13;324(7342):910-1. No abstract available. PMID: 11950746 [BMJ online]
- "Death, pain, and sickness are part
of being human. All cultures have developed means to help people cope with
all three. Indeed, health can even be defined as being successful in coping
with these realities. Modern medicine has unfortunately destroyed these
cultural and individual capacities, launching instead an inhuman attempt
to defeat death, pain, and sickness. It has sapped the will of the people
to suffer reality. 'People are conditioned to get things rather than to
do them ... They want to be taught, moved, treated, or guided rather than
to learn, to heal, and to find their own way.'"
Moynihan R, Smith R. Too much medicine? BMJ. 2002 Apr 13;324(7342):859-60. PMID: 11950716 [BMJ online]
- "CONCLUSIONS: Patients achieved
their highest functional capacity after 38 weeks of outpatient cardiac
rehabilitation using a program format of only 29 to 38 supervised exercise
Hamm LF, Kavanagh T, Campbell RB. Timeline for peak improvements during 52 weeks of outpatient cardiac rehabilitation. J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2004 Nov-Dec;24(6):374-80; quiz 381-2. PMID: 15632770 [Abstract]
- Diet, nutrients, phytochemicals, and cancer metastasis suppressor genes.
Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2012 Jun 13. [Epub ahead of print]